Pack price (GBP): £280.80 Ex-works
Pack size: 100
SwabSURE Listeria species - Detection of Listeria spp. including L. monocytogenes from food contact and other environmental surfaces
For Flyer please click here
A direct test for the presumptive detection of Listeria spp. including L. monocytogenes from food contact/preparation areas or manufacturing environments where regular disinfecting/sanitising is performed. Results are easily visualised using the inbuilt colour change system giving clear results. Kit includes Pre-moistened (in TSC Neutralising Buffer) 45mm Breakpoint Swab for simple sample transfer. ISO18593:2018 compliant when used with a template - see TS/15-T40
Media Inhibits/suppresses other background microorganisms such as Bacillus spp., Enterococcus spp., Micrococcus spp and Gram negative organisms like Klebsiella spp and E.coli. Neutralising Swabs are also sold separately – see TS/6-61BP250.
Recommended For: food contact and environmental surfaces sampling only.
Ideal For: Detecting Listeria spp. including L. monocytogenes from food contact surfaces, equipment or environmental. Routine Sampling for Pathogens is a fundamental part of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)and essential for adhering to a HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points) plan. This product can be used to compliment (or in conjunction with) the ISO11290-1 testing/detection methodology.
1. SwabSURE is intended as a screening test. All presumptive positive results should be confirmed by standard or molecular bacteriological methods.
2. It is recommended that after sampling food contact areas are wiped. If used for direct food contact the item must be removed/discarded after use (so not sold).
3. Has not been validated for uncleaned food surfaces. The use of SwabSURE for these purposes may result in false positives or spurious/unreadable results.
4. The absence of a colour change does not necessarily imply the absence of target bacteria. Reasons for this may include:
a. Inadequate neutralisation of sanitising agents.
b. Numbers of target organisms are below the detection level of the test.
c. The target organisms, although present may be severely damaged and unable to be resuscitated.
5. The Incubation temperature can have an affect on false positive rate. A temperature of 25°C is recommended and will result in fewer false positive results. This is particularly important when sampling areas that are difficult to maintain e.g. Drains, intricate equipment. These can act as microbial reservoir increasing the false positives from organisms like Bacillus spp. and Enterococcus spp. Please see alternative chromogenic SS-L01 which uses a more specific colour change system. The occurrence of false positive results is an important indicator of suspect cleaning and sanitising practices due to concentration of background flora and should flag a review.
Shelf Life: 12 months - Components should not be used after the expiry date printed on them or the carton label.
Storage: Store at 2-8°C when not in use. The pre-moistened swabs should be stored at 4-25°C.
Sterilisation Method: Terminally Sterilised (detection media autoclaved, swab gamma irradiated)
Click Here for Performance Verification Report.
Click here for SwabSURE Info Sheet regarding additional testing and Kit information.
|No. in case
|SwabSURE Listeria species
|100 in kit
You can now receive batch specific quality certificates directly to your e-mail inbox.
Our system will use the product batch number and your email address to send you the batch specific certificate you need within a few minutes. The name of the person requesting the certificate and the email address it was issued to will be endorsed on the front of the certificate for full traceability.